Monday, February 28, 2011

Good News - OPD 2011

I'm a big fan of the One Page Dungeon format and find that it really suits my play style and is great for light systems like Microlite and Beacon, as well as just generally being an awesome format for laying out adventures.   I like having things broken into self contained pages so even if I was doing a bigger adventure I would lay it out as a series of one page dungeons - with appropriate pull-outs for stats and notes if needed of course.  I've used several OPD from both 2009 and 2010 to either populate or inspire encounters (or rumours of encounters) around the town of Milham in the Westmarch.

So I was very happy to read about this announcement for the 2011 One Page Dungeon Contest. I'm almost tempted to make one myself but some of the past entries were intimidatingly good.  I'm glad they are doing this again and I encourage everyone to submit your stuff - I'll be waiting to pick through them and co-opt my favorites for my own games.

**Update:  I did decide to enter afterall!

1 comment: