- Fighter: expert in all weapons and physical skills. This is your go to class for fighting obviously.
- Hunter: expert in ranged weapons and survival skills. This is your noble ranger or humble woodsman or city rat catcher.
- Rogue: expert in subterfuge skills with a sneak attack. This is your thief but also possibly a swashbuckler or stealthy assassin.
- Druid: nature orientated spells, knowledge and survival skills. The hedge magician or medicine man.
- Illusionist: confoundment spells, subterfuge and communication skills. The tricky misdirecting sorcerer.
- Mage: general repertoire of spells and knowledge skills. The powerful scholar magician.
- Cleric, spiritual and restorative spells. This can be the learned priest, the wandering witch, or the charging paladin.
At the moment all the classes can choose between STR or DEX for their melee weapon bonus stat, however I'm thinking on limiting that to either just the non-magic classes or just the Rogue. In Microlite, Fighters and Rogues can use DEX bonus for light weapons - I imagine this would include rangers as well. The idea behind this is that there is more than one fighting style so allowing DEX as a more finesse based style - however you don't get your STR bonuses to damage. Since Rogues don't get the +1 to hit and damage every three levels it might be nice to throw them this.